Another pleasant surprise……actually two. Both Cleopatra Loves Books and Stephanie Thomas had nominated me for the SHINE ON Award. It is the 2nd award (read: love & appreciation) that adorns my blog. When I started blogging, I had started as an Anonymous writer and never thought someone would be interested to read my ramblings /musings. And so, every award nomination (in fact every like and every comment too) makes me feel elated that some people out there are reading what I write, & maybe even liking them.
Coming to the award, I have seen this award logo in many blogs I follow. When I tried to find out what this award meant I found this – “this award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.” And I had thought that I have a long way to go before I ever get nominated for this award. But I was proved wrong! 🙂
Anyways, here are the rules of the award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Rule 1: Done
Rule 2: Done
Rule 3: Here are the random 7 facts about me –
1. I love making lists. I make lists for almost everything, even when I hardly stick to them religiously.
2. I enjoy watching animation movies. I guess I will never be old enough to not like them. Some of my favourites are – Up, Ratatouille (two of my favourites), Shrek, Toy Story, Cars, How to Train your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Ice Age, Finding Nemo, Madagascar, Monsters and many more……..
3. I love to travel, in fact visit any new place. I try to grab every opportunity that comes my way to visit a new place – be it just across the corner or some destination, miles away.
4. I think I can never enjoy or even be a part of activities up in the sky or for that matter, anything that involves heights. Whenever I sit on a roller coaster ride, on the way down, I experience an empty feeling / hollowness in my stomach and I hate that feeling. I feel I will die.
5. I do not know how to swim (oops!).
6. I shed a lot of tears. My tears spring out of my eyes even before I could control them. I have written about it here.
7. I am not much into fashion. I wear whatever is comfortable for me. But then I follow quite a number of fashion bloggers. I love the outfit posts they do in their blogs.
Rule 4: My nominees for this award are (in no particular order)…I had many others in mind but most of them have already been nominated.
- Peak Perspective – I love the way Shelley plays with words in her blog. And there are some superb illustrations too. Her ABOUT ME page is so impressive that I had to click the “follow” button in her blog. Love what you write Shelley!
- Eat, love, dance, pray, laugh n hug…. – a blog which makes me happy and love life. You can find here some awesome recipes too!
- Lime ‘n’ Lemony – I had discovered her blog while looking for a book review. And something clicked between us. What I love most in her blog is the experiences she shares of her volunteering work/ philanthropic activities she is involved in. I had nominated her for the Liebster Award too.
- Creativwins – She was my first follower and one of the first bloggers I began following on WordPress. And I enjoy reading what she writes. She has not posted for quite a while and I hope she is back to the blogging world very soon.
- Divya’s Art Blog – an art blog. I love her work.
- Should be Reading – A book blog which introduced me to a lot of other wonderful book bloggers. I am most certainly grateful to her.
- Musings from a Bookmammal – A book blog I found through Should be Reading. I love the memes she participates and the content of her posts.
- The coffee loverr – I love the way she had planned out her blog. She writes 6 days a week and has divided the content of her blog into 6 categories. Now that is something which caught my attention.
- Just joyfulness – A blog for poems, photos and pondering.
- Book Bunny’s burrow – Another blog i found through Should be Reading. She writes about books and her 2 cute bunnies.
Do check out the blogs I have nominated. I am sure you will find something interesting to read in each of them. And yes, as a part of the rule, I have notified all my nominees about my nomination. I hope they accept it and carry the chain forward.
Thanks to both Cleopatra Loves Books and Stephanie Thomas once again for nominating me! You certainly made my day(s) and brought a smile on my face with your pat(s) on my back. 🙂