I am running out of excuses in keeping up with my commitment to my blog…..sigh! Life, in general, has become too busy and I am running late in many things. Anyways, I believe in the “better late than never” thingy and so today I am ticking off one item from my pending- since-forever list and that is acceptance of awards that fellow bloggers have bestowed upon my blog.
Over the past few months, my blog have been ‘awarded’ many blog awards. Here is a list of the awards and the bloggers who nominated me for them –
1. Liebster Award – I have been given this award earlier (post here), even then I was delighted to be nominated once again. A big thanks to Stephanie from S.J. THOMAS’S BOOK BLURBS, Vishal from Vishal Bheeroo, Vanessa from Love, love, love postcards, Deepa from Inspiring Evolution and Nibha from Expressions!
As many of you already know, this award is a chain blog award passed around the blogging community as a sweet and simple way of getting to know each other. It also helps in discovering new blogs.
2. Field of Flowers Award – Stephanie from S.J. THOMAS’S BOOK BLURBS nominated me for this one. This is a fairly new award meant to show appreciation or say thank you or just to brighten someone’s day or because they simply deserve it – to spread a little love and care. Thanks a ton Stephanie! 🙂
3. The Versatile Blogger Award – Michelle from Book Chat nominated me for it. This is awarded to spread the love for blogs that encompass a variety of topics. According to the site: “Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then”. And I am grateful to Michelle for thinking about me for this one 🙂
4. The Lighthouse Award – Michelle from Book Chat again nominated me with another award. This award is for the blogs that brings us happiness, enlighten our hearts, and bring a little joy to our lives when we visit their pages. And I am glad to receive it! 🙂
5. The Cracking Chrispmouse Bloggywog Award – Both Michelle from Book Chat and Cathy from Between the Lines nominated me for this award. This award with the adorably whimsical name is given to someone who spreads one or more of JOY, PEACE, HOPE and LOVE with their blog! Thanks a ton Michelle & Cathy! 🙂
6. Sunshine Award – Vishal Bheeroo nominated me for this one. This award is given to bloggers who are positive, inspiring, creative or whose blogs you just really enjoy reading. Thanks Vishal! 🙂
7. The Parliament Award – Vishal Bheeroo again nominated me for this award. It is an award that signifies friendship, loyalty and togetherness. Thanks Vishal! 🙂
Now, all the above awards come with a set of rules, the most common are:
~ Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you
~ Display the award on the blog
~ Share some random facts about yourself
~ Nominate other bloggers for the award
Here are a few random facts about me –
- I am scared of injections
- I learned to ride a bicycle very late, when I was in VIIIth standard (read my bicycle post here)
- I so want to try my hands at baking but till date have not yet taken the first step towards doing it….sigh!
- As on date I have 10 flower pots in my balcony and I am glad that I have kept them alive for quite some time now (touchwood!). I am now thinking of trying my hands in planting vegetables…let’s see what happens.
- I love dark chocolate – the lil’ bitterness along with the sweetness is oh-so-awesome!
- I had my first body massage in April this year during my Kerela trip and it was sooooo good! (post on the trip is pending )
- A hearty meal at a favourite joint with people I love can lift my mood any day.
- I love the smell of rain falling on parched land.
- I am pathetic at remembering lyrics of songs
- I love surprises, especially on my birthday. 🙂
As for the nominations, I thank each one of you for being so generous to me and my blog. To be appreciated and supported feels really good and I am grateful to all of you for bringing so much joy to my life with this gesture of yours. 🙂 However, I have decided that from now onwards I won’t be participating in awards. If any blogger do nominate my blog for any award I will definitely accept it as goodwill gesture and in the spirit of the award but will no longer be posting nominations. The reason behind my decision is that the entire process is very time consuming and I hate cheating and when I don’t accept and acknowledge the awards on time I feel really bad. And I want to keep my blog a guilt-free place! So my dear fellow bloggers, I hope you understand and respect my decision. 🙂
Thanks and lots of love…… ❤