These cards/bookmarks are what I call ‘the messengers of love’. Ashima from Lime ‘n’ Lemony had sent them to me on my request. This is part of her project – Art with Heart. She personally handcrafts each one of them, putting in lots of love along with hard work. You can read her post on how she started this project here – Art with Heart. (more…)
Award…prizes….recognition….respect…. who does not love them. They bring all the more happiness and joy when you least expect them….. arriving quietly at your doorstep. And I am no exception. Recently, Musings from a Bookmammal nominated me for the Liebster Award. I had read about this award sometime back but never thought that I would receive it too someday. Wow! it does feel good 🙂 And coming from a fellow blogger whom I met recently, it was more surprising. It feels great to know that some people in this big blogging world like what I write. Thanks a lot Musings from a Bookmammal!
Liebster Award is an award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers and for who someone believes deserve some recognition for their blogging. This is a good way to encourage people to visit new/interesting blogs. Nice right? The rules of the award are –
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
- I have already linked my post to the blog who nominated me. So no. 1 is DONE.
- For No. 2, for the 10 questions given to me by the nominator, here are my answers –
(P.S. This post was drafted on last Friday (06/09/2013). But due to my sickness, the editing got delayed and I am posting it today)
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
I am a dreamer. I believe in them. I love to dream of things that should be… that can be…that I want to be. But then, as they say, life is a mixed bag of happiness and sadness too. So every now and then, my dreams get surrounded by dark clouds. But I believe that my dreams can (and I keep on trying for that) overcome these dark clouds and change them into white, fluffy, cute clouds and bring me the joy and happiness that I dream of. After all, that’s what life is (at least for me), dreams in midst of clouds. And my blog is all about my ramblings on my life – dreams that make me happy and strives me to keep on moving forward and the clouds that help me emerge a stronger person to chase my dreams & value their worth. (I hope I managed to explain what I wanted to say 😛)
- Describe the weather where you are right now.
Today the weather outside is pleasant. But the environment inside my office is cold. God knows what’s wrong with the AC of our office. And because I have a fever coming up, it’s chilling for me here.(And I want to go home soon)
- Look to your right and list five things that you see.
I think this question can best be answered with some photos. Since I was in office, while I was drafting this post, there was limited stuff around me. So here they are – my pin board, my lip balm, extension phone & a glass of warm water(as i was feeling feverish), Ganesha idol gifted by a colleague, desk calendar & pen-stand.
- List what was included in the last meal you ate.
I had my lunch at our office canteen an hour ago. Today they had served chicken curry with steamed rice and some other vegetable curry too. However, as I was feeling feverish, I ate only rice & the chicken curry followed by fruit custard for dessert.
- What article of your clothing do you like to wear the most?
I feel comfortable in jeans and a tee. But for 8 hours, five days in a week I wear kurta/churidar to office. So that’s what I wear most of the time.
At home, I love to wear my shorts or PJs (who doesn’t, right? 🙂)
- Do you collect any special objects? If so, what do you collect?
I collect books, my interest varying into various genres. I have a considerable collection of books, and its growing every month. I buy books every month right after my salary is credited into my account. 🙂 Every now and then I try and buy my favourite books that I have borrowed & read from a friend/library and add them to my collection.
- It’s Saturday night—do you want to go out, or would you rather stay home?
Of course, I would want to go out. Tomorrow I had plans to go for a facial and a movie. But I doubt if I can make it if I have the fever. (Update – I had to spend my whole weekend in my bed because the fever came and made me weak)
- How many languages can you speak? Which ones?
I can read, write and speak three languages – English, Hindi (national language), Assamese (mother tongue). I wanted to learn French as a kid, and I hope I can do it someday.
- What was the first paying job that you ever had?
My first paying job was after I finished my MBA, in 2009. I was appointed in Bancassurance Division of an insurance company. But I changed my job after 3 months. I loved the financial independence it brought along. I still do.
- What would you be doing right now if you weren’t answering these questions?
I guess I would have been doing some of my office work. But because I was so excited with the nomination, I wanted to write this post immediately and so delayed some of my work (I hope my boss does not read this 😉 :P)
- For No. 3, the bloggers that I have nominated for the award are here –
- Lime ‘n’ lemony
- Muses of the heart
- Points to Ponder
- Pink Tiara
- Dialect of my heart
- Subh Dasgupta’s Blog
- Monday – Monday
- The Glass Bangle
There are so less bloggers, among the ones I follow, with less than 200 followers. I have picked up blogs who write about different things. So do check them out, you might find someone you love.
- For No. 4, here are my 10 questions for my nominees to answer –
- What do you like best about blogging?
- What is your favourite post on your own blog till now?
- Are you a tea or coffee person ?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- Three things you would not leave home without?
- What makes you happy?
- What is the most craziest/different thing you have done that even you had not expected of yourself?
- What is the name of the book/movie (or both) that touched you the most?
- What is your dream destination?
- If you were granted three magic wishes, what would you wish for?
- For No. 5, I did inform the nominees that they have been nominated. I hope they carry forward the chain. 🙂
Thanks once again to Musings from a Bookmammal for the nomination. I hope my readers feel encouraged to check out the blogs I nominated and meet some amazing bloggers. Cheers!
Images: self clicked