Fellow blogger Musings from a Bookmammal had shared this very interesting info graphic in her blog today – it is for ‘real book’ lovers. Proceed if you are one –
Someone who reads my blog definitely knows that I am a self-proclaimed hardcover/ paperback book-lover. The e-book thingy has still not touched me; but then every now and then the benefits of e-book s makes me think about giving them a chance. I guess, only time will tell what I decide down the years….sigh!
As for the picture above, here is where I stand –
- Feeling – yes I do like the feel of real books; turning the pages and unraveling the secrets gives me immense pleasure.
- Learning – yes, of course. I mean when do you not learn a new thing from a book?
- Sharing – I do share my books with book-loving friends. But these days, I think twice before lending my treasured possessions because many a times they have been returned to me in very bad conditions. 😡
- Seeing – don’t the beautiful cover of a book or flipping the colourful pages of an illustrated book gives us joy & happiness – it does for me 🙂
- Re-selling – Naah, this one is not for me. I never sell my books.
- Collecting – I do it once in a while, when it is pocket-friendly.
- Giving – I love gifting books to people who love them just as me. 🙂 Also, a book is the best gift someone can ever give me – and this has not changed since I was a child. 🙂
- Shopping – making my way through the rows of books arranged in a book-shop, fighting my urge to buy many of them when I already have a too-long TBR at home, discovering a little, not-very-famous gem of a book, hitting the buy button whenever the book-selling websites sends me mails informing discounted prices of my wishlist books – this is one of the best retail therapy to soothe my soul 🙂
- Smelling – I have already done a post on the heavenly smell of books. You can read it here.
- Posing – I don’t remember doing it.
So, all you book-loving people, which categories do you fall into?
Or do you have anything to add to the list?
Read BookMammal’s post here – http://bookmammalmusings.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/musing-mondays-why-we-still-love-real-books/
Original image source here – http://ebookfriendly.com/top-reasons-choosing-print-book-ebook-infographic/
Read my other bookish rants here – https://dreamzandclouds.wordpress.com/my-lil-book-corner/