Time has a way of moving….. quickly and catching you unaware of it. Right now, in my part of the world it is not exactly autumn any more yet not quite winter too. Once darkness falls, there is a slight chill in the air. The dawns are misty with little bit of fog too. In the day time, the skies are clear blue with little tufts of fluffy white clouds strewn all over it.
With the advent of winter, nature seems to be drawing down the curtains to prepare to gift us a re-painted landscape with blossoming trees & flowers in the coming spring. As P. B. Shelley says – “if winter comes, can spring be far behind?’
For me, winter means…
– The socks & the boots/sneakers
– My favourite oversized sweater I love to snuggle in
– Fluffy blankets surrounding me as I read a page or two
– A cup of frothing coffee
– Long cold quiet nights
– Smiles that Christmas brings along
– Golden brown leaves (some freshly fallen while some withered) strewn on the ground
– The crisp air with some mist
– Huddling around a fire warming up to the heat and some good ol’ memories too
– Endless freshly harvested & empty field stretching into the horizon
– And of course, my blocked nose 😛
For me, it is also the time of the year to reflect & ponder on the year gone by. To think about the things we had done and could have done. It is the time to prepare ourselves to rise fairer & stronger…..with renewed hope & aspirations…..for a fresh start or a new beginning.
What are your thoughts about winter?
My monsoon musings here – https://dreamzandclouds.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/monsoon-thoughts-memories/