The other day I saw this post on Musings from a Bookmammal. (Thank you bookmammal for sharing this 🙂 ) I was very much impressed with the brilliant & creative infographic of Laura E. Kelly’s classification of book readers, from the folks who see books as precious display objects to those who sort of hate reading (in her words). I remembered my days as a Life Science student when we had to study the classification of plants, animals and all other living things. Those were some difficult charts to remember!!
It was fun going through the chart and finding out which species/category I belong to. So this is what I found about me…… I am a combo pack 🙂 –
- Book Worshipper – Yeah, I treat book like trophies and love to display them neatly stacked in my book-stand(s). I have this dream of having a room one day whose walls will be filled with my favourite books, from floor to ceiling…….with a cosy couch by the window. 🙂
- Hoarder & Compulsive Book Buyer – Yes, I am a hoarder too… I buy books every month. Even though I get time only to read a few pages everyday, I buy books regularly – with the hope that one day I will finish reading them all. I feel that I should not miss out any good book that readers all over the world are enjoying….. I hate to deprive myself of this joy and so I keep on buying, every month without fail. This is one routine I follow religiously. My wish list in Amazon & Flipkart and TBR list in Goodreads is growing at an exponential rate. 🙂
- Underliner (but not scribbler) – Sometimes, not always, I underline some lines in a book, so that I can come back and read those lines again and re-live the happiness I found in that book….all over again. But then, I am careful to mark those lines in pencil (so that the damage is minimum!!). Apart from this, I do not scribble or hurt my books in any other way.
- Sleepy Bedtime Reader – Since the last 2-3 years, after I reach home from work, cook my dinner and finish cleaning the dishes 7 all other chores, I am sooooooooo tired that it hardly takes a few minutes for sleep to overpower me. But I struggle hard and try to read my everyday quota of a chapter or two of the book I am currently reading. And so, when I wake up (either in the middle of the night or in the morning) often I find myself with the book on my face. 😛
- The Evangelist – I am one to some extent. If I love a book and know a person who I know will like it, I gift it to him/her or else recommend him/her to check it out.
This is a fun way of knowing the book-reading preferences of one another. So why wait, share which species you belong to….right-away!
P. S. Sorry, for so many smileys, could not help it! 😛