Today is the century’s last repeating date and the last of the great repeating dates to occur in our lifetimes (unless you’re planning to live until Jan. 1, 2101 :P).
Social networks are buzzing today with updates on this significant day and therefore, I , also, thought of dedicating a post to this day. While searching on the internet for some related content, I came across the following interesting facts:
- Thousands of couples around the world have booked their wedding dates in the middle of the week just to get hitched on the once in a lifetime date, according to several wedding planning agencies. According to a numerologist couples who marry on this date will have “a high level of spiritual awareness.”
- A couple in Brampton, Ont. booked their wedding day for 12/12/12 and added decorations to emphasize the number 12, including 12 coconuts on the thank you cards and 12 starfish on the wedding cake, according to the Canadian Press.
- The Times of India reports that mothers are lining up to have Cesarean Sections or induce labour on Dec. 12.
- A collaboration of filmmakers, entitled One Day on Earth, will have participants filming simultaneously worldwide over the course of the day. The organizers plan to broadcast the footage online and combine it to into a feature film.
- The Astronomical Society of the Pacific has declared the Dec. 12 “Anti-Doomsday Day,” and posted a slogan to its website that says “take back the calendar!””We are declaring December 12, 2012 as Anti-Doomsday Day in celebration of rational thinking and reasoned discourse,” the organization posted on its website.
- There’s the Concert for Sandy Relief, taking place at Madison Square Garden Wednesday night. The lineup is truly star-studded — from Clapton to McCartney via the Stones, the Who and the Boss, Bruce Springsteen. It’ll be streaming live on nearly 30 websites, including YouTube, MTV.com and Hulu. There are worse ways to spend an evening, and it’s for a good cause. (Appropriately for such an event, some wags on social media are calling 12/12/12 “National Soundcheck Day.” That is: “one, two. One, two. One, two.”)
- According to Chinese numerology, one is a yang number ruled by the sun and represents independence and individualism. Two is a yin number ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. Combined, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and the yang.
- Others can’t stop imagining what comes next. On Twitter, @Jin_Campbell wrote: “Tomorrow At 12 mins,12 secs after 12 o’ clock on Dec 12th, the time will be 12:12:12,12/12/12 & 12 days before Christmas.”
On a closing note, I share with you some NOTABLE TWELVES:
- 12 months in a year.
- 12 hours on a clock face.
- 12 inches in a foot.
- 12 strikes to bowl a perfect game.
- 12 people have walked on the moon.
- 12 face cards in a deck.
- 12 days of Christmas.
- 12 apostles of Jesus.
- 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- 12 jurors in felony trials.
- 12 signs of the Zodiac.
- 12 pairs of ribs in most humans.
- Mars is 12 light minutes from the Sun,
- Average temperature of the Earth is 12 degrees Celsius
- Jupiter takes 12 years to orbit the Sun
(Source: The Cincinnati Enquirer)
So, do you have any special plans for celebrating 12/12/12? Do share with me… 🙂