“There is fun to be done” ~ Dr Seuss
Everybody makes / has a list of things they want to do in their lifetime. This is when the bucket list comes in. It’s the answer to the question,” If I were to die tomorrow, what would be the biggest thing I would regret that I didn’t do”? But then, anyone can make a Bucket List anytime– you don’t have to be at the threshold of your life to create one.
I too have a bucket list which I amend as and when I achieve one or want to add one item more, as time goes by. So friends, here comes my list of things (in no particular order) to do before i kick the bucket:
- Learn to bake a sponge cake ,or for that matter, any type of a yummmy cake.
- Learn swimming so that next time I see the splashing waves, I am able to go and swim (in a nice bikini maybe :P) rather than standing in the shore.
- Learn to put eyeliner/mascara and for that matter every other kind of make-up and also wear some sky high heels. I want to look good like everyone else and so I guess I need to learn it ASAP. After reading innumerable blogs on fashion and makeup, I realized reading is not going to help me, I need to start putting all that info into some action.
- Travel as many places in India and experience all the flavours each has has to offer. Kashmir is in the topmost position of my list. Obviously, I want to travel to other beautiful countries also, but then my country is in my top list.
- Learn to dance.
- Send a message in a bottle (that’s the filmy me 😛 )
- Kiss in the rain (that’s the romantic me…..*blush blush*)
- Learn French (its in the list since my school days I have been reading Malory Towers by Enid Blyton)
- Collect as many books of all the writers I love and have a mixed personal library.
- Go scuba diving and experience marine life up close.
- Go to a casino and gamble the night away.
- Shop at least 1 item of clothing from all the designers I love (I wonder when I will earn that much).
- Watch an aurora borealis….(man, I am desperate for this one).
- Would want to do 1 memorable thing for each one of my loved ones.
- Do 1 thing of charity which will actually make a difference in someone’s life
- Experience a perfect sunrise and a sunset in a most romantic backdrop.
- To go on a road trip (Ladakh is a destination I have in mind :))
- Pack my bags and set off for a random location with no itinerary planned at all (have to gather all my guts for this one).
- Learn knitting (for no particular reason…..so mee…:))
- Throw a mega party for the few special ones in my life and all the food being cooked by me….(that wud be one hell of a task!!)
- Experience snow fall….i would love to touch and feel snow for once in my life.
- Would love to lie down in some grassy plains and spend the day just like dat or maybe reading my favorite book.
- Watch cherry blossoms in Japan.
- Want to live a happy and contented life. I may not have the riches of the world, but I want to be able to embrace and enjoy life as it comes to me.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally wornout, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow – What a ride!!’.”